WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Journey

The Journey
I am a minor piece of something great,
An individual surrounded by similar friends.
I live a fleeting life long spent green.
I bask in warm rays, oblivious to life,
and sway in the breeze when weather permits.
A life to envy, yet boredom branches out.
I wonder how freedom must feel.
My demise creeps closer, as days dwindle.
Frost covered shivers, ice filled veins,
Death approaches, bleed sudden red.
Grip crippled as strength wanes.
Snap!
Now vastly alone, no friends in sight.
Once innocent wind, now guides me.
Life I knew stands rooted, I fall away,
scuffing across cement my body crumbles.
I strain for control, overwhelmed with exhaustion.
No option but patience, I must out last
this roller coaster of death.
I rest on wet dew as grass blades tickle my wrist.
Shrieks from the fellow fallen,
Scared and confused we are gathered.
Cold rust rips through brittle skin.
Assembled in piles, placid fear,
Lying in wait, in wait for the black.

No comments:

Post a Comment