WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Back to School Newsletter Reflection

The back to school newsletter reflection allowed me to demonstrate how to use word is ways I haven't before. In the past I have used clip-art and word-art in a newsletter before, but rarely would I combine the two. By combining all aspects of visually appealing stimuli it allows the reader to not get caught up in information overload. Pictures also allows breaks in the information which keeps the writer from becoming too wordy. Using the technology that word provided allowed me create something which otherwise could have been quite dull.

Not only was my newsletter visually appealing, but it also helped me learn more about myself as a teacher. I do want to be the teacher who kids want to have, not the one they have to have. Technology is something I feel will set me apart from other teachers of older ages. Knowing the knowledge my students know will allow me to better understand their needs as a class and answer any questions they may pose. Technology is something which I do plan on incorporating into every lesson plan, and before this assignment I wasn't sure if it would be something useful to me. Now I know it is going to be an important key to having success in my future classroom.

I have always wondered about the class I am going to have someday, but this assignment made it more of a reality. Having the freedom to think about a future class allowed me to reflect on great teachers of my past. I remember assignments I found interesting with them, and plan on incorporating them into my own future lesson plans. I also was able to look up books which have challenged and influenced my writing which I will one day be able to teach from. This newsletter assignment really made my future class seem like a reality rather than something which is a few years away.







No comments:

Post a Comment