WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back to School Reflection

The back to school powerpoint allowed me to demonstrate my excellence in technology in many ways. The first of those ways would be the design layouts of my slides. I was successful in changing the background from a plain white setting, this enhances the visual my audience will be recieving. In turn they will be more apt to pay attention to something which is visually appealing than that which is not. I was also able to add in word art which I could manipulate in a way to not make it run the traditional horizontal pattern.

The second way I was able to demonstrate good usage of technology, would be my additions of pictures into the slides. I added a few pictures of me which were pulled from a seperate website. I was able to arrange them in a order which is reflective of what I prefer to do in my spare time. This allows the audience to gain a better understanding of who I am as a person. It allows them to think of me not only as their instructor, but as a normal human being.

The third thing I chose to do was to add transitions in my slides as well as a few sounds. The tranistions keep it fresh for the audience and allow them a different change of scenery each time I change a slide. The sounds keep the audience on their toes. If they happen to be napping a car screech or a drum roll is sure to snap them out of it. By throwing in the class highlight section it allowed a preview of things which are going to come to pass in the near future. This should create some buzz among the students and allow them to become more excited and interested in the course as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment