WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Plagiarism, Copyright Reflection

I found that learning about these two things was very rewarding. I always knew that plagiarism was bad and things have to be properly cited. Once I become a teacher I think it is imperative that I am able to uncover those individuals that are choosing to copy and paste their assignments. I will only be helping them, because later on in life it is going to come back to haunt them. Making sure that my students are well informed about plagiarism not only deters them from using it because they know I know about it, but they can gain ways to avoid using it so they wont have to.

The copyright information was probably the most interesting thing I learned in this section. I never knew that you could not be allowed to watch a video which is not for an educational purpose. No more reward days for my future classes! I also found it crazy to believe that when showing a video in the classroom you are restricted to only using ten percent otherwise you will be infringing on the copyright. I have been apart of movies and clips which are much more than ten percent.

I believe that by teaching my class about the dangers of these two acts they will be better informed, which will result in less usage of either. They will know the consequences and know that I know them, so they will be less likely to dare to copy and paste in my classroom! This will inspire them to create much more creative works, and lead to better learning overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment