WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Monday, April 5, 2010

PowerPoint Lesson Plan Reflection

In high school you are expected to be a proficient user of Power Point, however you are never specifically taught how to use it. In this class I have been able to utilize aspects of Power Point I never knew were possible. In learning these new skills I will then be more equipped to teach my students the things I know. This will allow them to produce better Power Points and help them in any future endeavours.

Not only does knowing how to navigate Power Point more efficiently help, seeing different ways students are able to use them for a project allows for more creativity. By choosing to utilize Power Point in the class room I am giving my students the ability to express their creativity through technology. They may choose to produce a linear Power Point or have one which is rifled with hyperlinks, either way students are able to create presentations while using technology.

I have also learned that presentations are an important part in the classroom. Most students want to show off their work, by creating Power Points this allows them to do so. I feel that if students know their work is going to have to be presented they are more likely to create better work. Peer pressure in some situations can cause those children who otherwise would slack off to actually show their true potential. Making children show their work allows me to better gauge what they are capable of, because I know they gave it their best attempt hopefully in order to not look foolish in front of their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment