WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Technology Supported Lesson Plan Reflection

At the beginning of this assignment it was difficult I found. In an English classroom setting the uses of technology can seem few and far between. In most of my High School English classes it consisted of reading stories and discussing them in class. These were easy assignments, but they were not engaging in any way. I found that by deciding to use technology in such as way as to make the class more interesting is only going to allow my students to be more engaged in the lesson. The wallwisher is perfect for the lesson I had in mind, it allows the students to express their findings without having to tell anyone who it was or who was the one that eavesdropped on the conversation.

I also feel that allowing the students to create and use their own blogs in an English classroom, is something which can be greatly utilized. It allows the students to be creative while they are using technology. I realize English classes are not always going to be able to have technology integrated into them, but by allowing the students to have and update blogs on their own time allows them to use technology outside of the classroom, and more frequently.

The use of blogs in the classroom also make it easier for me to grade them because I will be following all of my students. This will allow me to use technology to my advantage and save the time of turning in and possibly losing papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment