WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Assistive Technology Reflection

This assignment really opened up my eyes when it comes to technology to support those with physical disabilities. I never realized how much was available to those who have disabilities. I just thought they would be put into a classroom which would be designed to specially cater to their needs. Now with the knowledge attained in this class I have come to find that if I happen to have a student with a physical limitation I will now be able to cater to them without hindering the progress of the rest of the classroom.

The amount of different technologies which are available to help are amazing. I wasn't aware that there were so many out there which were suited for each different disability. The guest speaker in our class was also an amazing oppurtunity to watch. Watching his ability to navigate and teach a class for a full hour without the ability to see was astonishing. It really brought into perspective the fact that anyone can do anything, if the just set there mind to it.

I plan to fully utilize these tools in my classroom to better enhance the learning experience for those I am teaching. Even the voki is a tool designed to help those children who may be visually impaired. Even if I have no children who suffer from physical limitations using these tools is a way to enhance learning in my classroom, and make it more entertaining at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment