WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Professional Development Resources Reflection

I feel that it is important for teachers to continue learning throughout their career. If a teacher stops learning then he or she has no right to expect their classroom to learn for them. Learning new knowledge is only going to make the teacher more knowledgable as well as more marketable for other positions. One of the easiest ways for teachers to continue learning is by attending conferences.

In the exercise we were asked to do we were able to find conferences, seminars, and webinars which allow a teacher to grow as an educator. I am very lucky to be given the tools necessary to find these sites before I become an educator, that way once I am a teacher I will begin learning more immediately. This will cut off the plateau period I imagine a lot of teachers are faced with before they decide to further there education.

I am glad I am getting the chance to learn about the inner workings of the teaching system now before I actually have to become a teacher. With these logistics out of the way I will be able to spend more time preparing lesson plans and finding ways to effectively teach my class the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment