WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, many fruitful and interesting things await!

Monday, May 3, 2010

WebQuest Reflection

The WebQuest assignment may have been the most challenging of the year, but I found it as the most rewarding assignment of the year. I enjoyed coming up with a project that not only did I find interesting, but that would allow the students to think for themselves in the process. I enjoyed setting the project up in such a way which allowed for different possible outcomes depending on the group, this allows for more interesting presentations from year to year.

I have never much been a fan of group projects, but after learning about how students actually retain the information more it makes sense why teachers assign so many. I have come to respect the group projects and now that I wont actually have to do many more of them I can openly say that I like them.

Overall the WebQuest project was something I plan on using in my classroom if it meets the curriculum. It is something that can be adapted easily, and even better they are something which can be easily created over a few days time. They are very useful tools and will come in handy during project times.

No comments:

Post a Comment